Demo Project not building

Apr 13, 2009 at 12:24 PM
Under VS2008/xna3.0 I get the following:

(after carefully loading entire demo project into a game template)

Error 1 The type or namespace name 'IronPython' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Documents and Settings\dostrows\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\WindowsGame48\WindowsGame48\PythonInterpreter.cs 10 7 WindowsGame48

I get the above with further errors as it continues:

Error 3 The type or namespace name 'XnaInput' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Documents and Settings\dostrows\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\WindowsGame48\WindowsGame48\Game1.cs 11 7 WindowsGame48

I also have IronPython loaded on the machine with the path set under my environment (I don't think it was necessary for this demo...?)

any help would be appreciated. Thanks
d.o.

Coordinator
Apr 13, 2009 at 1:53 PM
It sounds like what you need to do is add the assembly reference to IronPython and XnaInput to your project.

First, copy the dll files from the example project's lib folder to a location in your new project. Right click on the References folder in the Solution Explorer for your new project, and choose "Add Reference." Go to the browse tab and select your copies of the dll files to include them into the project. Now visual studio actually knows where the libraries are that you're trying to include ;)

I hope that helps.
Apr 13, 2009 at 4:16 PM
Thank you very much mr. shader ... that was it.